Schooley Caldwell designed and specified furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E) for the award-winning renovation of the 307,000-square-foot William Oxley Thompson Memorial Library at The Ohio State University.
Built in 1912, the 327,000 SF Utah State Capitol had a seismic $227 million upgrade. The fundamental objectives for the project were to stay true to the architect’s original intentions while improving the building’s functional usefulness.
Restoration of The Old Montgomery County Courthouse which is recognized as one of the nation’s finest examples of Greek Revival-style architecture.
Renovation and preservation of the Frank Lloyd Wright - designed Westcott House in Springfield, Ohio, which was transformed into a museum and educational center.
Ohio Wesleyan University’s Stuyvesant Hall originally opened in 1931 as a majestic residence hall housing first-year women, and though a campus landmark for 80 years, it had fallen into major disrepair.
This project involved the adaptive re-use of a 13-story, 400,000 SF state office building completed in 1933. The building adapted well for the Court, accommodating office and library functions, as well as educational and legal functions involving visitors and the public.
Griggs Reservoir Boathouse, which serves the OSU crew team, the Greater Columbus Rowing Association, Columbus Recreation and Parks, and neighborhood/community groups.
Schooley Caldwell designed a complete renovation and a 10,000SF addition to the 1921 Clinton Elementary School.
The Columbus Museum of Art (CMA) was built in the 1930s and in 2008, they needed to renovate the historic museum building in order to continue providing guests with a great experience as well as to prepare for CMA’s future growth.
Slated for demolition, East High School, with its prominent location on Broad Street, the decision was made to reuse the building and add on to it. Schooley Caldwell provided historic preservation design and mechanical and electrical engineering for the renovation and expansion.
Schooley Caldwell designed a full renovation to Shively Hall, a 55,000SF 160-bed residence and dining hall. This project involved renovations to existing rooms, ADA accessibility upgrades, and the creation of living/learning centers within the residence hall.
For nearly 100 years, the Lazarus department store was a fixture in downtown Columbus. In 2004 the store closed, but the building was far from being forgotten. Schooley Caldwell served as the architect-of-record and engineer-of-record for the big changes to give the Lazarus Building a second life.
Schooley Caldwell has been working at the Joseph P. Kinneary US Courthouse since the 1980s, as the result of a series of GSA on-call/IDIQ contracts. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places, it is a significant riverfront building dating to 1931.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the turn-of-the-century Palm House at the Franklin Park Conservatory is an extraordinary Victorian glass structure that houses an equally extraordinary botanical collection.
Schooley Caldwell completed a comprehensive Master Plan for the nine buildings that make up Franklin County’s Government Center in downtown Columbus. Schooley Caldwell subsequently designed the new entry pavilion at the Hall of Justice building, which ties together the existing complex with the new courthouse building which was completed in 2010.
The Ohio Statehouse, completed in 1861, is considered one of the nation’s most important architectural gems. After more than a century of intense use, alteration, and neglect, the Statehouse and Senate Building were in dire need of restoration and renovation. Schooley Caldwell was selected to design this revitalization and restoration.
Schooley Caldwell designed the $18 million transformation of the Old Ohio School for the Deaf into the new home for Cristo Rey Columbus High School, a Catholic college preparatory school serving disadvantaged students.
This project involved renovation of a 96,000 SF, 6-story academic building as well as construction of a 20,000 SF addition.
Schooley Caldwell designed renovations to the 10-story, 237,000 SF Hall of Justice. The building was vacated in 2011 when the new Common Pleas Courthouse was completed, and was renovated into a multi-tenant support building for the county government complex.
Schooley Caldwell designed the conversion of this Civil War-era military base into a one-of-a-kind arts impact high school for Columbus City Schools. The school now occupies five historic buildings totaling 168,000 square feet of space on the campus. Several of the the buildings had been vacant for 30+ years and were severely distressed after years of neglect.
Schooley Caldwell was the Design Architect for the $11.2 million renovation and addition at Stewart Elementary, a historic school in German Village originally built in 1874
Schooley Caldwell designed the transformation of the historic Carlisle Building in downtown Chillicothe, a landmark that was originally built in 1885 and that had fallen into serious disrepair.
Schooley Caldwell designed a three-story addition to the existing building at 937-951 North High Street in the Short North.
Schooley Caldwell is part of the Design/Build team designing OSU's North Residential District Transformation, a project that will add over 3,200 beds and help revitalize north campus.
The renovation of the Grand Ballroom (now the Union Station Ballroom) at the Greater Columbus Convention has been completed as part of a larger renovation and addition project.
Schooley Caldwell designed a $30 million renovation of the main branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library.
The scope of this project involved exterior renovation and restoration to the 1895 Wyandot County courthouse, which contained various roofing types, including copper and a membrane roofing system that replaced the original roof.
Schooley Caldwell designed the long anticipated renovation of the historic Atlas Building, which now has retail space at street level and 98 residential units on floors 2-12.
Schooley Caldwell helped to bring this historic building back to life by designing replacement masonry wall (brick, terra-cotta and backup CMU structures) and designing new backup structural steel embedded in the masonry. We also provided criteria for the specialty signage contractor that took care of restoring the striking theater signage.
The $30 million project included housing accommodating thirty Greek chapters, encouraging students to engage with each other in shared outdoor spaces.
Schooley Caldwell served as Architect of Record for the $170,000,000, full renovation and expansion of five student housing facilities in the south campus area: Siebert, Stradley, Park, Smith, and Steeb Halls.