Planning a special event? You’ll want to see the new Gregory S. Lashutka Event Center!
The Richards House (later the Dam Keeper’s House) was built in 1816 and is one of the oldest stone houses in the state. It sat vacant for many years and was on Columbus Landmarks Foundation’s list of Most Endangered Buildings in 2014; fortunately, the City of Columbus Recreation and Parks Department decided to convert it into a special event space and hired us to design it! The project includes a full renovation to the historic house and a 1,500 square foot addition, as well as a patio overlooking the Scioto River. Construction is scheduled to wrap up in the fall of 2016.
Here’s the Richards House circa 1920 (photo courtesy of Randy Black):
Time and windstorms weren’t very kind to the building; here it is in 2014 prior to the start of construction.
Here’s a recent construction progress shot; the addition is being framed as is the new roof on the historic building (by the way, that nice looking building in the background is the Griggs Reservoir Boathouse, designed by…guess who! Hey, we like to design party venues):
The Gregory S. Lashutka Event Center is going to be a beautiful venue for special moments. Check back to see photos when the buildings are completed!